[DeTomaso] GR4 lenses

Scott Bell scott at saccrestorations.net
Wed Jun 26 15:09:41 EDT 2013

I purchased some of the inexpensive lenses and discovered they were simply clear lenses that had the colors applied by using some
sort of translucent paint.

The look was OK but doesn't have the new car shine that one would expect or want.

It is way more expensive to make them with 3 different colors of plastic so they make them clear and paint the colors rather than
having colored plastic. I only mention this because it explains some of the price differences and the quality is different from one
maker to the next...