[DeTomaso] Qvale Mangusta/Bigua

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 18:06:01 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 4:41 PM, <MikeLDrew at aol.com> wrote:

> Like the Pantera, the Bigua/Mangusta is a completely unique car; the
> Mustang lends nothing to it except the engine, gearbox, instruments and
> HVAC
> system, and associated electronics.   The Gandini-penned body was hideous
> (in my
> view anyway), while the chassis was a brilliant piece of engineering by
> Enrique Scalabroni, the legendary designer of Williams F1 fame.   It was
> probably one of the most advanced and sophisticated chassis/suspension
> systems of
> any production car of its day.

Best as I can remember, I think there was Tommy Bahama backed race team for
a while. We have a guy here in Dallas who worked on the development team
and  says it quite a good car for racing. Efforts were eventually abandoned
and most of the team went on to the factory-backed Corvette racing team.

Jeff
6559