[DeTomaso]   Worst possible project ever

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jun 25 17:41:03 EDT 2013

In a message dated 6/25/13 11 54 55, fresnofinches at aol.com writes:

> If that much force was applied to the car, I must wonder if that impact
> wasn't also transmitted into the ZF?
>

>>>Larry Stock took a shot to the rear wheel when a woman backed out of her
driveway without looking as he drove past.   It was a MUCH lighter hit than
this car saw, but the impact was significant enough to bend the input
shaft.   That's a $2500 part when it's in your hands; you haven't even started
thinking about paying to install it at that point.

While it's quite possible the gearbox on this car is undamaged, I would
never assume such a thing.