[DeTomaso] NPC: Racing is dangerous

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 05:16:01 EDT 2013

 You are right - we sometimes forget exactly what the stakes are. We see
drivers doing lap after lap at 99.9% and take it for granted. It's easy to
forget just how talented many of these drivers are who can drive at this
limit and not cross the line. Or how easy it is, especially in an event
that lasts 24 hours, to make just one teeny tiny mistake, and how that can
be fatal, despite all the improvements in safety.

Terribly sorry to hear the news...

*********
Yesterday we were reminded of that, as Dane Allan Simonsen was killed at Le

Mans. He was in an all Danish drivers Aston Martin team, favorites to win

their class.

Crash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ITXBv01io

At the other end of the spectrum Tom Kristensen is leading with 3½ hours

left.

Mikael L