[DeTomaso] How to change window felt strips

Sam shbailey at att.net
Sun Jun 23 07:26:58 EDT 2013

I replaced the felt in my 71 years ago. Since I had the door apart painting the car it was easy to access in order to install the felt. It does attach with screws. I don’t think there is any way to install the screws with the glass in place. The glass does not go down far enough. Maybe you can do it but I don’t see how without removing the glass. If you don’t install the screws correctly you will scratch/chip the glass due to vibration, going up/down since there is not much clearance.

As to the chrome trim, if I remember correctly it is held in with a couple of screws also. I have a spare trim piece somewhere, will try to find it. I am sure I installed the chrome trim first, and then installed the felt. You will need to make sure you put some holes in the felt to exactly match up with the existing holes where the screws were. Getting a drill in there would be really hard.

Let me know if you are able to get the screws in, and how. Mr. Sam