[DeTomaso] A/C condenser temperature - front mount

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Jun 22 15:59:56 EDT 2013

In a message dated 6/22/13 9:10:34 AM, demongusta at me.com writes:

> Just curious about the temperature of the condenser -  how much heat is
> in FRONT of the radiator?

Never measured but from my experience, adding a stock-dimension Pantera
condenser in front of an aluminum Fluidyne radiator did nothing insofar as
increasing cruising water temps. Before & after water temps were about 195-205F
at all speeds. Plus, front mounting allows more consistent A/C heat
exchanging than a rear mount where the faster you go the less A/C you get due to our
rear swirl of preheated air.
As a bonus you get to delete the A/C fan & its shroud and use one of the
two rad sucker fans in its place to do double duty. My right rad fan is on a
parallel hookup so normally its controlled by a thermostat but I can manually
turn it on with the extra console switch. You need to leave about 1/2'-1"
between the condenser & rad cores so they don't touch & rub, with the gap
sealed all around with closed-cell foam for no air leakage & so the rad fan
will suck thru the condenser too. Look at any other car on the road for
mounting guidelines.   My 2¢- J Deryke