[DeTomaso] How to change window felt strips

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Sat Jun 22 14:42:33 EDT 2013

1488 is a '71 with chrome trim. The inner felt strip at bottom of a rolled
up window attaches with clips and not a problem. I bought a large piece
from a vendor and it has to ne trimmed way down,  but appears to fit.

Shop manual says to roll window down and carefully remove outer strip. Mine
is attached to the chrome trim with 4 tiny screws which I found after I
ripped the old felt out. Now what?

How is the window chrome trim attached forward of the window opening?

How is the felt supposed to be attached?

Do I need to just screw the new one in?