[DeTomaso] Veglia Amp Gauge Needed

David Nunn dnunn at telus.net
Tue Jun 18 21:07:09 EDT 2013

Mike,

My Veglia voltmeter isn't what it appears to be. It was created for me by
North Hollywood Speedometer & Clock.

Years ago, I had VDO voltmeter workings installed into my Veglia ammeter. As
a voltmeter, it worked fine but still looked like an OEM Pantera ammeter.
Some time later, I bought a set of late, bilingual (Italian and English),
OEM GT5-S gauges on eBay. The only one I didn't get was the ammeter, so I
sent my "converted to a voltmeter" Veglia ammeter back to North Hollywood
Speedometer to have new faces silkscreened for it, so it would match my new
gauges. What you see is the result. They can make any gauge look like
whatever you want it to look like and it's quite inexpensive. I noticed that
real Veglia voltmeters from the 1970's usually said "Batteria" on them (such
as the one that came in the Maserati Bora) so that's what I decided to go
with. Any Pantera owner could send them a "junk" ammeter, have them put
voltmeter workings in it, change the script on the face from AMPS to VOLTS,
the scale from -50_0_+50  to  8_12_16 and you'd have an OEM appearing Veglia
Borletti voltmeter. That is, if that's what you want.

NHS&C also installed electronic workings into my OEM speedometer. For a
sending unit I'm using Autometer's new GPS sending unit, and it works
perfectly!

Dave