[DeTomaso] Pre-L bi-color front turn signal lens?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jun 15 23:05:21 EDT 2013

In a message dated 6/15/13 19 50 13, dtpantera at gmail.com writes:

> I would like to put a bi-color lens in a pre-L bumpers.
>
> Did the Pre-L cars in Europe come with a bi-color front turn signal lens?
>
>>>No.   For some markets, clear lenses with amber bulbs were fitted, but
most had standard amber lenses and clear bulbs.   That goes for the L-models
as well.   It wasn't until much later that Euro legislation mandated
bi-color front lights, with running lights and turn signals being a different
color.

> >Would a Fiat or Alpha Romeo have a bi-color turn signal lens that will
> fit
> in a 2-3/8" x 5-1/2" opening.
>
>>>I suppose you could kluge just about anything if the dimensions were
right.   Larry Finch sells bi-color lights that were used on the later-model
Panteras; they can be retrofitted to L-model cars (with their separate turn
signal pods mounted on the underside of the fenders), but despite best
efforts, their slightly different size precludes their use in pre-L bumperettes.

Having said that, I have seen some photos of Euro cars that were
owner-modified with Brand X bi-color lights from some other cars.   Hopefully one of
those owners is here and can shed some light (HAH!) on the topic...:>)