[DeTomaso] Speedo died today

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jun 15 21:13:31 EDT 2013

In a message dated 6/15/13 17 47 2, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> My speedo starting making a terribble noise this morning and it suddenly
> quit, ceased working with needle at 10 mph. Odo also not working of
> course.
>
> Not hearing any noise at all now.
>
>>>That is exactly what happens when the speedo cable breaks.   It almost
always snaps right where the cable makes a bend where it enters the rear of
the gauge.

> >Before I hang upside down under the dash tomorrow, any suggestions, tips,
> hints or tricks.
>
>>>Changing the cable isn't pleasant, but there's no particular magic
involved either, particularly with an early dash, which is easier I think.   The
most important thing to do is to ensure smooth, proper routing of the
replacement cable, avoiding any sharp bends or kinks, and paying special attention
to attempt to make the approach to the rear of the gauge as straight as
possible.

There's no point in getting under the dash until you have your new cable
in-hand, though....