[DeTomaso] NPC? Why do people black out license plate numbers in photos on Internet?

The Hougans hougan at verizon.net
Sat Jun 15 17:57:49 EDT 2013

Despite your post, I'll attempt to remain civil.

My view is that I reduce my odds of bad things happening in reasonable ways
without going to excessive trouble.  I, too, drive my cars around all of the
time; I know, what a surprise. Consequently, I don't 'sneak' back to my
home, either.  The thing is, in the scheme of things, not all that many
people see me driving around.
OTOH, posting something on the internet exposes private information to a
WHOLE lot more people.  Some of whom may actually be surfing around actively
looking for victims.  It isn't that much trouble to blank out such things as
a license plate.
Reduce my risk at low cost.  Sorry if you think that equates to an 'inflated
sense of self importance.'