[DeTomaso] NPC? Why do people black out license plate numbers in photos on Internet?

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 16:38:24 EDT 2013

Don't forget, everyone at the DMV can access your records too.

While I worked for the toll roads, I had to maintain a database of all of
the license plates in TX.  It was used to send violation notices to the
registered address.  I also had access to about 500,000 credit card
numbers.  Our database administrators had the most stringent background
checks for that reason.  The clerks had access to an application that
would spit out one address at a time.  It was required to do their job.

So, even though it may or may not be publicly available, there are still
thousands of people that have access to your license plate information.

--
Will