[DeTomaso] clutches

DtomasoCat at aol.com DtomasoCat at aol.com
Thu Jun 13 20:45:19 EDT 2013

Chuck,

Since purchasing my Pantera back in 1993, I have put over 100,000 miles on
it.  Due to my rather "spirited" driving style clutches have been replaced
on a fairly consistent basis.  I always have the same clutch disc rebuilt
(I mark it so that I am sure I am getting the same disc back) and have new
springs and linings installed.  The last time I had it done it cost me
something like $175 to have a velvet touch clutch built from my disc.  I
absolutely love it...it has SERIOUS grip!  The same company who does my  clutch
also rebuilds the pressure plate to my specifications.  This is all  done at a
local family owned brake & clutch shop in Albuquerque, NM (which  is right
next door to the middle of nowhere) which means that Oklahoma City  probably
only has about 100 shops that can do the same thing for you.

100,000+ miles on the same clutch disc and still going  strong,

Jim