[DeTomaso] clutches

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Thu Jun 13 16:08:30 EDT 2013

Chuck, (and Asa)
Jack's reply seems right on.  We just had a pressure plate refurbished by NAPA for a fairly rare Alfa.  No news yet how it will work.
I would opine: if its a McLeod unit talk to Dennis Q or McLeod.  Dennis Q might have good experience information about McLeod.

Have fun!

David

"Dear Forum,

               While we're on this topic, I have been told that there
are reputable places around the country that can rebuild clutch and
pressure plates.  I have a new engine in progress and a McLeod clutch
and presssure plate that came out of one of the Panteras about ten years
ago.   It would seem that if someplace can rebuild it while I am working
on the engine, then it should be more economical that buying another new
McLeod set.  Are rebuilt clutch and pressure plates as good as new??

                         Clutch and Pressure Plate Rebuilding Rookie,
Chuck Engles"

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 8446 (20130613) __________

http://www.eset.com