[DeTomaso] Paint colors

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jun 13 16:05:36 EDT 2013

In a message dated 5/17/13 5:54:15 AM, lotus0005 at hotmail.com writes:
snip....
> I've made the comment that there are no (or few) interesting color
> schemes on Panteras - more interesting because of in the Pantera community it is
> ok to do basically anything to your car (other than the recent bizarre
> conundrum).

Back in 1980, I did a small survey and found that 50% of Panteras were some
shade of red, 20% were some shade of black, 15% were yellow, and the
remainder were maybe 20 other colors including stock shades. The least popular was
the still seldom-seen 'Seafoam Green'. I'd wondered if DeTomaso/Vignale
batch-painted the cars (makes cleaning the paint guns less frequent), but even
finding a few sister-cars with consecutive serial numbers, the original
colors varied. So I never found the answer to that li'l question.
Today, I wonder if the color preferences have shifted to something else?
Mad Dawg Antenucci's Pantera is one of the first I know of to use a "wrap".
FWIW- J Deryke