[DeTomaso] Pantera for sale in Oklahoma

Cunnyngham, Christopher B (HSC) CHRISTOPHER-CUNNYNGHAM at OUHSC.EDU
Wed Jun 12 00:06:04 EDT 2013

Against my better judgement I'm putting my beautiful Pantera up for sale.  With the arrival of my second child and a new labor-of-love small business (in addition to my 50 hour/week regular job) I just haven't had time to enjoy the car properly.
This car was already very well sorted when I purchased in December 2010 and in the first 18 months I completely overhauled and upgraded the cooling and electrical systems and both are in perfect operating condition.  It had approximately 34,700 original miles when I took delivery and in 2.5 years I've put 3k miles on her.  She starts right up, runs strong and stays cool in 100 degree Oklahoma weather.
By the prior owner the car was taken down to bare metal by hand and given a beautiful three stage silver metallic paint job by T&T Customs in Georgia.  NO RUST was found and since that time it's been garaged, never seen rain and cleaned by hand.
I've got a thick notebook containing documentation, receipts and service manual.  I have the original seats and bumpers in storage and will come with the car.

Updates given by previous owner:
New steering rack
Koni coilover adjustable shocks
Braided brake lines with new pads
Complete rotary AC upgrade with dryer (r-134) (I've never used or charged)
High torque starter (rebuilt 5/2011)
High performance 292H Comp Cam, timing chain and water pump
Holman Moody manifold
Holley jetted 750DP carburetor
New cloth headliner
Recaro leather seats
Front chin spoiler
New battery and tray
Lacerra steering wheel
3/4 swaybar with new bushings
Ceramic coated headers
Mindtrain exhaust, also coated
Fiberglass paint matched bumpers
17” 10 spoke billitt wheels and Michelin tires

My own updates:
Fluidyne aluminum core radiator, in lay-forward position
Dual Spal “puller” fans with custom brackets
Stainless steel water pipes
Pantera-Electronics ATO Fuse Block
MSD 8577 distributor and 8920 tach adaptor
MSD box and coil
Stainless air cleaner and carb spacer

This is a sorted and tastefully upgraded car that is free of rust with essentially pristine custom paint.  Several well known and respected members of the Pantera community vetted this car before I purchased and several others are local and I'm sure would be willing to vet the car again.
I'm asking for $55,000.  Email ccunnyng at ix.netcom.com<mailto:ccunnyng at ix.netcom.com> for more information.