[DeTomaso] D-Day

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Thu Jun 6 13:51:47 EDT 2013

Dear Michael,

              Agreed.    FWIW, there is a new book out from Pulitzer
Prize winning author Rick Atkinson about D Day through the end of WWII:
The Guns at Last Light
   I unknowingly started reading it on June 5th in synchronization with
the D Day anniversary.   He has two previous books about WWII in his
excellent trilogy: An Army at Dawn and The Day of Battle.  He is an
excellent writer who covers the war from the point of view of the common
soldier all the way up to the top brass and the big concepts.

              On a related topic: the D Day Museum in New Orleans is
excellent

                              Warmest regards, Chuck Engles