[DeTomaso] NPC indeed

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Tue Jun 4 15:35:45 EDT 2013

Have you ever wondered why we constantly need to fix our Panteras, why is
the order of the world that things break, they never fix themselves? It's
about entropy. Entropy is defined as the number of ways a system can be
arranged. Example, a pile of sand, you can arrange it in billions of
different ways; it's still a pile of sand. But a sand castle built of wet
sand, the number of ways are limited. The pile of sand is said to have high
entropy, the more arranged sand castle has low entropy.

Over time wind, weather, nature will turn that sand castle into a pile of
sand. Entropy always increases unless specific action is taken to reverse
that trend. And if we park our Pantera outside the house and nobody touches
it for decades, it will eventually return to a higher entropy state, a pile
of rust etc. It's the nature of things, and it's the reason the universe
won't go on forever, when the highest state of entropy is reached, nothing
more can happen.

So when somebody builds a Pantera where so many components have to be in a
certain place and state for it to work, they work against nature, they lower
the entropy. Immediately nature wants to break it down again, and eventually
nature will win, but we spend our time postponing that moment. We may
actually be increasing the lifespan of the universe as well...

Now, back to the tools.

Mikael