[DeTomaso] Druze ?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Jun 2 23:49:25 EDT 2013

To answer your question, no you don't really need them for the trunk.
In fact, I've had my Pantera for about 15 years and -never- had any
fasteners in the tub.  Actually, most don't even line up anymore; I
presume the fiberglass has shrunk some.

As long as the decklid is closed and latched, the tub will stay in place
nicely.  I've driven Silver State with the tub in place, not fastened
and the decklid closed with no problem.  A rubber strip isn't necessary
either, however, some folks with nicely painted engine compartments (no
longer undercoated), will sometimes put some rubber bumpers on the tub
to hold it off the paint.  You'll have to experiment with that on your own.

Mike is correct, four quarter-turn fasteners are used to hold a stock
engine screen in place on later L model cars.  If your engine screen is
in place, you may already have those and can essentially see what a Dzus
fastener is.

Asa

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie