[DeTomaso] Tire Pressures

Arjun Ghosh-Dastidar arjun.ghoshdastidar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 21:04:51 EDT 2013

Boyd, the 50 psi pressure rating on the tire is the max allowed cold
pressure for the tire, not what you should inflate it for your car. I would
lower it as you're definitely over inflating your tire. Great for gas
mileage, bad for grip and wear.

I run Hoosier R6s on my car using 245/40R17 for fronts and 335/35R17 for
rears. For street use I use 35 psi cold all around. On track, we start at
32 psi cold till we get 40 psi hot. Most current R compounds or modified R
compounds work best at 40 psi hot (the new MPSCs seem to differ from the
norm as they work best at around 35 psi hot).

Regards,
Arjun