[DeTomaso] New Here...

B. Seib oldwheel at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 30 09:30:00 EDT 2013

Welcome here David.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the car and this list group. It's a great bunch of
people that own these fantastic cars. There's not too many Panteras left
with 20K original miles on them.

I think if you tell us what your mechanic was working on, it might give us
another clue as to what might have gone wrong at that time and since.

As much as we all hope it's a head gasket or cracked head, I don't recall
any oil under pressure at the deck in a 351C? I can't connect the recent
loss of oil pressure to a cylinder head or head gasket problem. There is oil
draining back from the heads which isn't under pressure, but the oil to the
heads goes through the push rods and not the head gaskets.

Barry