[DeTomaso] Kirby Racing the Saturn V

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 11:37:13 EDT 2013

Gee, John… That's kind of you.

Just a small correction…  Gray's Chevrons are a B16 and a B26.

:-)

The problem was more than a fuse… The fuel pump shorted out and is no more for this world.
I'm going to pull it off today and order a new one plus a backup if Gray can't find a spare in his trailer.

Just an iPhone movie with all that crappy wind noise, but you can see Gray going by on the front straight here.
http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/Movies/IMG_0392.MOV

I seem to have incurred much wrath by putting some short Magnaflows on it… but it sure knocked out the high frequencies that were hurting my ears. Of course, Gray says that's what earplugs are for!

I don't know if anyone else took any pictures… I was too busy doing 'other things'.

Anyway, today I'm exhausted. As Julian noted… the heat really saps you.

FWIW,
Kirby

PS: For those of you who have never seen the car, some pictures of what it looks like now are here.
http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/pictures/SaturnV/IMG_0383.JPG
http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/pictures/SaturnV/IMG_0385.JPG
http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/pictures/SaturnV/IMG_0386.JPG
http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/pictures/SaturnV/IMG_0387.JPG