[DeTomaso] Drop battery box

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 27 20:41:45 EDT 2013

Rob,
I'm not sure that the space available in the front trunk between the bulkhead and steering rack will allow for a 'full size' battery, but there are plenty of options available with high CCA that will fit. My later GT5 had a drop battery box from the factory and it is like the drop battery box that Byers is now producing, which is essentially a hung plate. I always imagined this would provide better battery cooling than a fully enclosed box, which is what most vendors were selling for a long while.
http://precisionproformance.com/ft1080.php
I also have a stainless Hall Pantera battery box around here somewhere, it has the rear side longer (higher) than the front as the front trunk is not parallel to the ground so buying the battery box specific to a Pantera is IMO the best way to go.
Some further info on the PI bulletin board;
http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7890077274/m/3950052635
Julian