[DeTomaso] Starter Odyssey

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 20:00:28 EDT 2013

Well for those of you who are still following my starter debacle I am happy
to say that I received my new IMI Hi Torque PMGR starter today and  If you
can judge a book by it's cover this is going to be great. The Fit and
finish is superb and the design is clearly superior. It has a mounting
plate that gives you the ability to turn the starter in  a number of
positions to find the optimum position to avoid headers and minimize heat
issues, it also has a shim plate so you can be sure the drive gear is in
the correct position to engage the flywheel. I don't think I ever got
excited by a starter before but it is truly a thing of beauty. I am
installing it on Monday and will let everyone know how it goes and  I will
also report on the postmortem of the DB electric starter. If anyone would
like to see some pictures of the starter let me know and I will post them
or send them to you.
Boyd