[DeTomaso] [NPC] Rubber hose

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Jul 26 17:32:24 EDT 2013

In a message dated 7/26/13 2:20:27 PM, thedrol at pobox.com writes:

> Is there are way to put a permanent bend in rubber vacuum hose?  Heat
> maybe?

Not that I know of. A bend will always thin the top side and thicken the
bottom side of a bend (either rubber or metal), slightly weakening the part.
It seems like molded rubber hoses always fail at or next to the molded
bends. In fact, various failures of rubber hose (vacuum and otherwise) have
pushed me to use all hard lines with only short lengths of rubber hose at the
ends to isolate vibrations. YMMV- J Deryke