[DeTomaso] Fun Rally Track Event Survey Corrected

fastgrandma fastgrandma at aol.com
Thu Jul 25 21:36:16 EDT 2013

 It should be remembered that the POCA Rally did NOT start out to include a track event; the very first one was put on by one chapter who just wanted to get together and spread the word around that they were getting together for a fun weekend (was it just Saturday and Sunday, Sandi?), the drinks were kept cool in the bathtub full of ice and definitely no banquet. ?I don't recall all the details as we were not there until a few years later and it was quite a few years before a chapter volunteered to put on a track event.

For us and many others who attended the Rally in the first years it has meant a Family Reunion of DeTomaso owners and many a good time was spent in hospitality just catching up with each other on what had been going on since they last visited plus meeting new owners/attendees. ?Who had time for a track event; the street display and just parking lot visiting was much more important.

I've had more than one member from those days - and yeah guys, you might say us oldsters but we're the ones that have kept the cars active and gotten new members excited; that have said they miss the ample time of just renewing friendships w/o out all the planned runs and track time that have taken away from that.

Just my input.

Judy