[DeTomaso] DB electric starter bites the dust

Jeff Udelson jefude at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 22 23:19:27 EDT 2013

>I believe in putting my big mouth of never ever buying Chinese when there is a US produced product available.

Are you sure the Power Master Mastertorque starters are U.S. made?
I was under the impression only their more expensive Ultra Torque
starters were U.S. made.  Also, many of the "U.S. made" starters are
based on Nippon-Denso motors with just the nose being made in the
States.  I was never able to find out where the Ford PMGR starters
are made.  My Hitachi starter says it is "made in the U.S with U.S.
and imported components".

Dan Jones

Dan,

I can not speak to where they are produced today. But when I bought mine I called and spoke to their tech support for the correct application. The rep emphatically stated it was US manufactured. I still have the box it came in with "Made in the USA" emblazoned on it.

I am often concerned that some products can qualify to be labeled "Made in the USA"  because of a small percentage of US parts or final assembly point. There seems to be little to no regulation in this regard. We are at the mercy of a company's honesty. And many products  have no statement of where a product is produced.

Jeff