[DeTomaso] Dynamat Xtreme results - electric motor whine

Jeff Cobb jeffcobb1 at me.com
Mon Jul 22 20:21:07 EDT 2013

On Jul 22, 2013, at 7:06 PM, Will Kooiman wrote:

> Heat is always a problem.  I haven't put a thermometer on my tank yet.  No fish yet.  If the temp is already too high, I may put a chiller outside or in another room.  If I do that, I will put the pumps outside.
> I am considering building a sheet metal box around the pumps, and then dynomat the box.  But I still need ventilation for the pumps or they will wear out very fast.
> Currently I have plywood with foam egg crate sound deadener.
Will, then just put the Dynamat with additional inboard closed cell neoprene sponge rubber foam on the outboard egg crate tops with glue. Use the right glue so you don't melt the egg foam or just turn down your hearing aids or you have to get better pumps. 3M yellow barge cement works the best. Then use computer fans to suck out the hot air.
Jeff