[DeTomaso] DB electric starter bites the dust

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Sun Jul 21 21:45:01 EDT 2013

Boyd,

I had a problem with one of their starters hanging up and ruining a
battery.  They sent another starter and I had it installed.  It lasted
less than a week.  I called and ask if they had found the problem with
the first starter and they explained it wasn't worth the trouble and
they just throw the defective starters away.  I called again and
explained that I was displeased with their products and wanted them to
pay for a starter R&R after I had purchased a rebuilt at AutoZone.  They
said no.  I said I was displeased with their customer service and they
said I should shop elsewhere.  They did refund the original price of the
starter after I returned the defective one.

You would think at my age I would understand you rarely get what you pay
for and almost never get more.
jerry