[DeTomaso] DB electric starter bites the dust

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 20:25:26 EDT 2013

I can hardly believe it but my newest DB Electric starter ( second since
may) bit the dust after only six days. Luckily I was in front of my house.
The starter just clicks. At first I thought it was a dead battery due to my
alternator issues but after trying a jump box and then charging my new
optima red top overnight there was no change. I had been happy with DB for
several years but this is to much of a coincidence. I am going to go with a
US made starter. Does anyone know of a problem that can be wiping out
solenoids
Like this?
Boyd