[DeTomaso] brass ring under thermostat needed or not

Jeff Cobb jeffcobb1 at me.com
Sun Jul 21 12:45:26 EDT 2013

Bob,
You have a water or air flow problem only.
You are only changing water and air flow as you slow down.
Make sure your fans are removing hot air as you assume your water pump is moving water, because engine load is being cooled at speed.
We just fixed a V-12 Jag that sat for a long time. The water pump blades had corroded and would push just enough water to keep cool at speed but was worthless at low rpm.

So check your hot air output , then your water flow.

Jeff Cobb
Cell 225-907-4514

Jeff Cobb Auto Works
1316 South Acadian Thruway