[DeTomaso] brass ring under thermostat needed or not

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 12:08:28 EDT 2013

Bob-
What you are saying is that if you have good airflow through the radiator,
then your engine temp is just fine.

When you slow down and depend on your fans to provide airflow, that's where
you have the problem.

>From this armchair, you don't have a thermostat problem - it doesn't
overheat when you have airflow. You have an airflow (fan) problem.

Either your fans aren't working at all, or they are tired and don't move
enough air. IF your fans aren't new, I'd start there.

Flex-a-lite 220's or something like that is what I installed on my old '72
which did exactly as you mentioned, and with zero other changes I could idle
all day in the desert, et etc

Charles McCall
Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe
1985 DeTomaso Pantera #9375