[DeTomaso] brass ring under thermostat needed or not

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 12:03:55 EDT 2013

How old is your radiator?

Fan?

Fan switch activation checked?

What are you using for coolant?

I have great success with the following mix. This is the same mix as used
in light aircraft so it should work for all elevations and temp ranges, I'm
just north of hell in Savannah,  Ga. 100 degrees and 90% humidty for the
summer. It is:

2 gallons distilled water.
1 gallon Peak 100% AntiFreeze
1 16 bottle of WaterWetter
All premixed in a 5 gallon bucket and put in after a thorough system flush.

You have confirmed all is well with belts, water pump?

Michael Shortt