[DeTomaso] Dumb Techno Question: Pantera seat problem

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 20 20:53:32 EDT 2013

why not just drill into the bolts from the bottom and tap something (not round) into the hole to turn the bolts?

Dear Forum,

                    My brother's Pantera has Pantera seats.  The little
lever arm uner the seat that rotates up to permit adjustment of the seat
fore and aft fiendishly broke off so that the driver's seat is "permanently"
adjusted where it is.

                    My first plan to simply unbolt the four bolts holding
the seat down was defeated when inspection showed that only the front two
bolts were accessible.  The stuck seat is adjusted so that it perfectly
blocks any access to the rear two bolts.  Sigh.  There is no way to get a
handle on the remaining stump of the broken lever arm.  It is too short and
too deeply positioned.

                    Plan B: is to take a cut off wheel or equivalent (and
he is open to suggestions) to the nuts welded to the underside of the floor
pan and frame rails where the seat bolts "bolt into".  With the currently
(spot??) welded nuts then *loose*, they could be simply removed from the
underside of the bolts, which would permit the seat to be lifted out .
With the seat out, we could attack the problem of the broken seat adjustment
lever arm.  Also, the previously spot welded nuts could then be promptly
welded back and all would then be in order.

                    Anybody see any problem with Plan B?  Anybody have a
simpler strategy?

                                    Warmest regards, Chuck Engles

No virus found in this message.