[DeTomaso] Amp Meter Readings and a/c charging

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 04:24:49 EDT 2013

Is this true Mike? Right after starting my engine, even with a fully
charged battery the ammeter is well to the right, as the starter sucks a
lot of juice. I now have a battery tender so it is always fully charged,
but before, it would stay to the right for a while as a function of how
long it had been since I drove the car. If you shut the car off and have
fans running or something, the needle will go to the left. Perhaps his
ammeter is a little extra sensitive, but the operation sounds more or less
normla?