[DeTomaso] Amp Meter Readings and a/c charging

Stephen Nelson steve at snclocks.com
Thu Jul 18 22:48:29 EDT 2013

As I slowly get to know 5332 I keep coming up with questions - thank
goodness for this forum and all of your patience.

Amp meter - mine reads perhaps 35 at idle, and 70 or so when engine is going
more than perhaps 1500 rpm.  With the engine off it is pegged at -75.  Is
this normal?  I checked battery voltage - at 2000 rpm, like 14.2, so doesn't
appear to be over charging.

Door and trunk locks all work now, windows go up and down better, trunk
insert goes in with the hood closed, making progress!

On another subject - haven't tried charging the a/c yet.  I am figuring the
charge fixtures are typically on the compressor - so out comes the back
panel to get to them.  Do people ever add a hose and remote the charge point
- seems logical to me?

Stephen Nelson