[DeTomaso] Tire and wheel sizing

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jul 18 16:17:12 EDT 2013

In a message dated 7/18/13 8:51:27 AM, knottsj at galstar.com writes:

> Have some Mustang wheels around in 17x9 so I will  try that first. The
> rear end in the car sits slightly to one side.

Jerry, if you need spacers to move the wheels out, remember you'll also
need longer wheel studs. Dorman over-the-counter studs from NAPA Auto Parts
might fit an RX-7; dunno for sure. Dorman studs will NOT fit a Pantera. But at
least the RX-7 uses a Ford bolt pattern size; I once went to Laguna Seca
with our MR-2 turbo, running 7" x 15" Pantera Campys on the back. You're right-
things never are truly done. Good luck- J Deryke