[DeTomaso] Overheating

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 21:28:40 EDT 2013

Sean

See:

http://www.provamo.com/Members/TechInfo/Cooling.asp

III Stock Limitations & Solutions

b) Air in System

for a short description.

Chuck

Anyone have the coolant burping procedures handy?

From: seanmundy at hotmail.com

To: jderyke at aol.com; detomaso at poca.com

Subject: RE: [DeTomaso] Overheating

Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 13:18:30 -0700

Hi Jack,  I have a new Romac balancer installed on this new motor

and the timing is set at 32 max with no vacuum advance hooked up.

I read that my engine symptoms could be related to the gas getting too hot
in the carb.

After touching the carb and burning my finger I went out and got a half inch
phenolic spacer.

It didn't help much as the carb still got really hot after 15min of driving.

After burning my hands on the inner fender I thought it might be a good idea

reach out to the forum for help :)  Tonight I will try and burp the system
again

by raising the back end of the car.  I'm running out of ideas.