[DeTomaso] Overheating

sean mundy seanmundy at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 16 17:48:00 EDT 2013

Anyone have the coolant burping procedures handy?

From: seanmundy at hotmail.com
To: jderyke at aol.com; detomaso at poca.com
Subject: RE: [DeTomaso] Overheating
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 13:18:30 -0700

Hi Jack,  I have a new Romac balancer installed on this new motor
and the timing is set at 32 max with no vacuum advance hooked up.
I read that my engine symptoms could be related to the gas getting too hot in the carb.
After touching the carb and burning my finger I went out and got a half inch phenolic spacer.
It didn't help much as the carb still got really hot after 15min of driving.
After burning my hands on the inner fender I thought it might be a good idea to
reach out to the forum for help :)  Tonight I will try and burp the system again
by raising the back end of the car.  I'm running out of ideas.