[DeTomaso] carb question

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 10:55:09 EDT 2013

I think your car will work fine with the 750 double pumper but it is in
fact too much carburetor for your motor.  Even if you use 100% efficiency
per cubic inch for your 351 cubic inches (not too far off, really) you're
only need 608CFM at 6000RPM

The Demon is a fine carburetor but it's really designed for racing.  In
fact, to use the electric choke, you will need to modify your air cleaner a
bit to clear the choke linkage as it intrudes into the outer flange.  It
can be used on the street, but it may require some dedication on your part.

I have a Holley with vacuum secondaries on my Pantera at 750CFM.  It's too
much carburetor but I hardly notice :)

sean