[DeTomaso] Camber?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jul 15 14:22:25 EDT 2013

In a message dated 7/13/13 2:49:09 PM, fisher95020 at gmail.com writes:

> Mike D was suggesting 100 thousands (inch) can come off without a
> problem.   What is the collective wisdom on how much can be removed?

At 0.100" removed, I fell thru the side of one ball joint, which totally
destroyed it. I use 0.080" as a safety precaution, which increased my caster
by -1 degree. This work should really be done on a mill; a hacksaw & file
will give a curved edge. Much simpler is a set of offset bushings in the top
a-arms that increased my caster by -1.5 degrees. If thats not enough, a second
set in the lower a-arms (facing the opposite direction) gives another -1.5
degrees. Added to the max. stock adjustment of -2.6 degrees, the totals are
-5.6 degrees- likely more than one wants on the street, as steering effort
also increases proprtionately. Now, if you also added $2500 worth of power
steering..... FWIW- J Deryke