[DeTomaso] Carb problem

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 01:18:47 EDT 2013

TGreetings fellow Panterians,
I am having a problem with my Holley 650 double pumper. Under hard braking
the engine stalls. Rather then trying to rebuild the carb and adjusts the
floats etc. I would prefer to replace it with a new carb. My engine has an
Edelbrock performer intake,a upgraded cam ( I don't know the specific grind
due to the demise of the previous owner),headers,roller rockers, MSD 6al
ignition.
I want to avoid the common problem of too large a CFM for the engine. I
would prefer no choke or a manual choke but definitely not an electrical
choke or any vacum controls. Although looks are secondary to performance I
would like to get a carb that has a finish like the Edelbrock " Endura
shine" finish. I am hoping to find a carb that has a very quick throttle
response.
 I am aware of Holley, Edelbrock, and Demon. I have intentionally excluded
Webers because the manifold and  and 4 Webers are outside my budget. So I
would welcome suggestions along with explanations for your choice and any
technical information
that will effect my choice.
Thanks,
Boyd