[DeTomaso] Carb problem

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 21:18:59 EDT 2013

I say this every time this comes up.  Am I the only one that experienced
this?

Make sure you level the carburetor.  The Performer was made for a
front-engined car, which tilts the engine down in the back.  The intake
tilts the carburetor down in the front to compensate.

The Pantera mounts the engine level, so when you put the Performer on your
car, the carburetor is not level.  The rear fuel bowl is trying to drown
the jets with fuel.  It gets especially bad when you step on the brakes.

I had this problem, so I leveled the carb.  Once the carb was level, I
could stand on the brakes without the engine dying.