[DeTomaso] Uprights

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 21:12:22 EDT 2013

Thanks to all.

Mine was taken apart several years ago, and all of the parts are still in
pretty good shape.  This was the story where it died just outside Little
Rock.  I had parts shipped to my brother's house, and then Mike Trusty
helped get me back on the road.

I like the aluminum conversion that Ken described.  I thought about going
that route, but I want to get my car back on the road.  I do not want to
spend the next 5-10 years upgrading everything.  I just want to do the
current thought using a relatively stock approach ­ i.e. ball bearings,
stock uprights, u-joints, etc.

I am sitting on the fence on using drilled shafts with zerks vs. zerks in
the uprights.  I have heard both arguments, and now I need to mull it over a
while.
--
Will