[DeTomaso] Carb problem

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jul 14 10:56:12 EDT 2013

In a message dated 7/14/13 7 39 37, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> I am having a problem with my Holley 650 double pumper. Under hard
> braking
> the engine stalls. Rather then trying to rebuild the carb and adjusts the
> floats etc. I would prefer to replace it with a new carb.
>
>>>That's just like saying, "One of my tires is a bit low on air, and
rather than putting air in the tire, I'd like to just buy new tires to fix the
problem".

You claim you want to replace it so you don't have to adjust it.   But if
you bought a new carb, you would have to adjust it a LOT more than this one
which is already 90% of the way there.   And a new carb won't work any better
than what you have, which is fairly well optimized for your situation.

Just adjust the secondary float down a bit, and call it good.   There are
undoubtedly other ways you could spend several hundred dollars?