[DeTomaso] Wheel-nut Torques

Stephen Nelson steve at snclocks.com
Wed Jul 10 10:09:06 EDT 2013

Good morning gear heads.  Glorious here, 57 degrees and laying under my new
Pantera replacing the MSD coil that was damaged on installation.  How did I
find that, well, the shop that put in the MSD system mounted the big module
up to the top of the fender behind the coolant tanks.  So that the trunk
could not be put in.  Apparently the previous owner didn't have a problem
with that since he didn't ever put the trunk in.  In the process of
shortening wires and putting the module out of sight I found the coil was
oily and one nut only finger tight - the terminal was broken loose.  So, new
coil, wires shortened, and ready to try starting her in a bit.

But, in the process of getting to all this I had to crank my compressor to
175 psi, and max out my 1/2 inch Mac impact driver to get the last lug-nut
off of one of the rear rims.  Haven't tried the other side yet.  What is a
reasonable torque for the boyd coddington rims?  I assume they don't need
200 plus foot pounds.

Stephen Nelson