[DeTomaso] Alonso's Socks (F1 Content but no NPC)

Darryl Johnson johnsondarr at hughes.net
Tue Jul 9 14:05:57 EDT 2013

Alonso finished 4th and had closed on Kimi to the point of less than a half
second lead with one or two laps to go. Couldn't do it with the soft tires
and 10 laps of wear on them given their usefulness was 6 or 7 laps. BIG
point is that Alonso finished and Massa did not! AGAIN! Massa led Alonso for
what 2 or 3 laps before the spinout? Massa qualified one spot ahead of
Alonso who in Q3 saved his medium tires for the race. The Ferrari car has
real issues and is falling back again from the front runners. In the fast
qualifying session (low fuel and soft tires) of Q2 Alonso was 2nd to Lewis
or Vettel (can't remember now for sure). Alonso could have finished 1st in
Q2 (just can't remember now the final result of the FAST qualifying session)
and I believe got the only 1:25:XX time of the weekend which would have put
him 1st in that session. I'll have to watch that again cause whoever
finished 1st in Q2 got the fast 1:25:XX time. Alonso was either 1st or 2nd
in that session.

Alonso moved UP 4 places from 8th on the grid to finish 4th. No one else in
the driver's championship running did that. Most stayed the same or went
backward like the Merc's. Kimi and Grosjean did what they qualified. EXCEPT
that Lotus commanded that Grosjean give a place to Kimi..... Wow, just what
you complained about with Massa and Alonso a year ago. Funny how team orders
work for the TEAM and not a specific driver.

Darryl