[DeTomaso] De Tomaso (Vignale Production) etc

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 18:33:06 EDT 2013

I don't know how much a new GT5S cost, my guess is that adjusted for
inflation, etc.,  It would be well over $150,000 today.  Keep in mind that
even when new a Pre-L cost as much as 2 Corvettes and 2-3k more than the
most deck out Lincoln sold at the same dealership, which was about 8k.

A Ferrari Dino was about 12.5k and a 365GtS was about 17k.

The values are relative to the time period and the prevailing cost of labor.

I distinctly remember riding my bike to the Ferrari dealer in 1976 and
looking at 24k fiberglass 308s.  One of my classmates in high school
received a new 19k jaguar XKS for graduation in 1977.

Michael Shortt