[DeTomaso] De Tomaso (Vignale Production) etc

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Jul 6 18:36:40 EDT 2013

In a message dated 7/6/13 2:18:35 PM, pantdino at aol.com writes:

> So if the post-Ford panels were made without stamping machines they
> should also have this thin layer of putty, no?

Maybe: Not sure if hand-formed aluminum body panels used on factory
Maseratis & Ferraris equates witn hand-formed steel panels made by DeTomaso
subcontactors, and really, after 40+ years and possible repaired road damage, it
hardly matters. My '72-1/2 Pantera made from genuine Ford stamping dies had
epoxy filler on the tops of both front fenders & in the weatherstrip channel
for the decklid near the 'gills', plus body lead around the lower windshield
posts & below the tail lights. A paint-thickness gauge is your best friend
when shopping for a steel Pantera. I doubt they even work on aluminum cars
which are not magnetic, so thats another DeTomaso advantage. Cheers- J Deryke