[DeTomaso] Wiper arm

Dave dave at damardirect.com
Fri Jul 5 19:46:49 EDT 2013

Very nice! (as always, first class)
IndyDave

-----Original Message-----
From: gow2 at rc-tech.net [mailto:gow2 at rc-tech.net]
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2013 10:59 AM
To: Boyd Casey
Cc: mike Drew; detomaso at poca.com; Richard Greenblum
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Wiper arm

I was not following this thread too much but I did put an aftermarket wipper system in my car. I did so because modern motors are simply better then older motor designs and the systems are readyly available through most hot rod venders.

The kit I used was from this company:

http://www.specialtypowerwindows.com/products.php?c=2&t=13

I used the same kit in the MGB.

Ironically, the Pantera and MG wippers use the same spline for the wipper as does the Pantera so they are all interchaingable.

Here are some install photos.

I mounted the unit using an aluminum plate to use the existing holes:
http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/panttransam/Wiper/Photo%2012.jpg

Used a pully to bend the tubing:
http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/panttransam/Wiper/Photo%2014.jpg

Unit greased up for operation:
http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/panttransam/Wiper/Wiper2.jpg

Assembled with good access to the internals:
http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/panttransam/Wiper/Wiper1.jpg

Bezzel setup:
http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/panttransam/Wiper/Wiper3.jpg

Gary